VA Student In-Processing Form

NOTE: By completing the form below you are automatically a member of the student-led organization for military-affiliated students (SVA). There is no fee, however you may be eligible to apply for additional SVA scholarships through the national organization.

For more information on benefits visit:
GI BILL® website –

NCWC Veteran

Student’s Responsibilities:

  • Register for the correct classes: Classes outside your major cannot be certified.  Classes with a passing grade cannot be certified if repeated. Remedial and audited classes cannot be certified.
  • Reporting Enrollment: CH 33 and CH1606 are required to report attendance on the last day of the month. You can opt-in for text messages by calling the Education Call Center at 888-442-4551.
  • Enrollment Status: You must be enrolled in at least 12 credit hours to get your full benefits. Non-traditional students must be enrolled in at least 6 credit hours per term within the semester for full benefits.
  • Military 10% Off Tuition: NCWU students who are active duty, veterans or military/veteran spouse will receive 10% off tuition. The school’s certifying official (SCO) will certify enrollment based on the tuition charged.
  • Satisfactory Academic Progress/Attendance: You must maintain a 2.0 GPA.  If you are academically suspended, your VA benefits will be terminated.  Attendance is required for VA payment.  You must report enrollment monthly to the VA.
  • Changing Majors: You must alert SCO ( and the VA ( when changing your major.
  • Reporting Changes: Students are required to report address and direct deposit changes to the VA by calling 888-442-4551. Address changes should also be reported to your advisor and SCO.
  • Graduation: Students are required to notify their SCO at the beginning of the semester they intend to graduate.

VA Student In-Processing Form
Select primary status. If any other apply to you, then select "Other" and list below.

Which benefit will you be using?

If you have never used these benefits before or if you have used them before at a different college, you must report this to the VA: Go to VA Website, then select:
1. "Finding your education benefits form”
2. Then choose either “Applying for a new benefit” or “Updating my current education benefits.”