NOTE: By completing the form below you are automatically a member of the student-led organization for military-affiliated students (SVA). There is no fee, however you may be eligible to apply for additional SVA scholarships through the national organization.
For more information on benefits visit:
GI BILL® website – gibill.va.gov/resources/benefits/resources
NCWC Veteran Forms – ncwu.edu/admissions/financial-assistance/veteran-benefits
- Register for the correct classes: Classes outside your major cannot be certified. Classes with a passing grade cannot be certified if repeated. Remedial and audited classes cannot be certified.
- Reporting Enrollment: CH 33 and CH1606 are required to report attendance on the last day of the month. You can opt-in for text messages by calling the Education Call Center at 888-442-4551.
- Enrollment Status: You must be enrolled in at least 12 credit hours to get your full benefits. Non-traditional students must be enrolled in at least 6 credit hours per term within the semester for full benefits.
- Military 10% Off Tuition: NCWU students who are active duty, veterans or military/veteran spouse will receive 10% off tuition. The school’s certifying official (SCO) will certify enrollment based on the tuition charged.
- Satisfactory Academic Progress/Attendance: You must maintain a 2.0 GPA. If you are academically suspended, your VA benefits will be terminated. Attendance is required for VA payment. You must report enrollment monthly to the VA.
- Changing Majors: You must alert SCO (LEstes@ncwu.edu) and the VA (va.gov/education/how-to-apply) when changing your major.
- Reporting Changes: Students are required to report address and direct deposit changes to the VA by calling 888-442-4551. Address changes should also be reported to your advisor and SCO.
- Graduation: Students are required to notify their SCO at the beginning of the semester they intend to graduate.